In order to encourage your child to “read their heart out” this year, our classroom is participating in the BOOK IT! Program. Below is more information on how it works, along with a few ideas for how to get involved at home.
- Our class has a reading goal to read at least 15 minutes each night.
- I will read aloud in class, show my love for reading and instill a love of reading in your child.
- When the goal is met, I will recognize your child by awarding them a Reading Award Certificate in front of the class. In order for their reading minutes to count, their homework log needs to be signed off by a parent each night so I know they have read.
- Review the 15 minute goal with your child, and set aside time at home to read every day.
- Be a role model by reading yourself and reading to or with your child.
- When your child achieves their monthly goal, make it a celebration! You can redeem your child’s Reading Award Certificate for a free, one-topping Personal Pan Pizza and sticker at Pizza Hut. *There is no purchase necessary.